Monday, 11 June 2012

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot...

Carrying on with the rear section of the room, today saw the addition of the replicators. I had to modify the thickness of the walls for that section as they were too thin to accept the replicators as they were. Consequently I had to adjust the wall thickness for where the doors are, which took a fair while.

I also made the doors a smidge wider as they didn't look right. Again today has seen a lot of geometry being tidied up, its amazing how much scruffy work there is buried in all the little nooks and crannies. I also trying to keep it tidy behind things, even though you can't see it, it makes it easier to work with/modify if its all nice and clean.

The carpet also saw it's stripes arrive today, and I've re'coloured most of the model to make it a little more accurate. During the course of DS9 this set was lit in so many different ways season to season that to be very honest there's no 'real' colour set, so I'm just going for what looks right to me.

I also finished the plaque, but removed it from the model for now as there's so much geometry there it makes things run noticeable slower, and also upped the file size a fair bit. I'll stick it back in at completion.


No comments:

Post a Comment