Monday 6 February 2012

Let there be light...

Thought I'd show a bit about the process, as opposed to just posting continuous screenshots, so here's a quick run down of the early lighting for sick bay. I think I'm going more for the movie feel (Generations) with the lighting for this area so I wanted the central spot to be fairly prominent. As I progress I'll add subtle spots above each bio bed, and a bit more ambient lighting around the doors.


The above shot shows the lighting setup, with just the single spot in the room. The spot light is made up of the inner cone (this is the bright area, the main spot if you will), outer cone (ambient diffusion of the light around the room), and the 50% falloff radius. It's not often I use the 50% falloff but I thought it important the light didnt light the whole room uniformly, so this cuts the brightness right down as you get away from what will be the primary biobed. The outer cone helps to gently light the floor for the rest of the room. I may tweak it slightly, and make it a bit brighter, but here's how it looks in engine;



Lewis.

No comments:

Post a Comment